Fuel Pump or Fuel Pump Relay?

Discussion in 'R-Class' started by Sy Garban, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Sy Garban

Sy Garban New Member

2007 R350. Engine quit at stop light and wouldn't restart. OBD2 found p2006 code. The ball joint had popped off the center actuator of the air intake manifold. Ordered a repair kit and replaced the actuator and the arm and the rocker. The car still won't start. Turned the key to position 2 and pushed the fuel bleeder valve. Nothing came out, no air or fuel. I am thinking it might be the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. (where is the fuel pump relay?) Any suggestions on what to try? Thank you for your help.

2. Kajtek1

Kajtek1 Awesome Member

Did you clear the code?
    It most likely will take higher than standard OBD scanner.

3. Sy Garban

Sy Garban New Member

No, not yet. (I feel dumb now.) Would the code not being cleared keep it from pressurizing the fuel system?

4. Kajtek1

Kajtek1 Awesome Member

Some codes can clear themselves, usually after some driving cycles, some will stay till you clear it.
    You just never know.
    I just had a situation when playing with scanner I reset gear shifter.
    The computer would not engage the starter.
    Would you ask me, why not let the engine start and prevent transmission from engaging, but too many programmers are "PlayStation kids" with not much knowledge about cars.
    My youngest moved out already, but still remember him driving sport car on PS2, hitting concrete barrier at 280 kph. flipping over and continue on his way like nothing ever happen.