2012 GLK350 Trouble Lights and Codes

Discussion in 'GLK-Class' started by 8ch, Mar 3, 2017.

1. 8ch

8ch New Member

Wife started car parked in the garage after driving it without incident the night before. SRS, TPMS, cruise, ABS, and DRS malfunction lights illuminated. Will not shift out of park. Cooling fan continues running after car is turned off. Plugged in OBDII, and got V0121 - lost Comm with ABS and P2158 - Vehicle speed sensor B. No interior lights, no radio, no power seat function, etc.

I clreared codes with no change as they immediately returned. I removed and replaced all fuses related to ABS with no change. I disconnected and reconnected the battery with no change. I tried ABS/ESP/BAS reset by turning wheel right and left. Tested battery and found 12.23 volts, so trickle charged to 12.9 volts.

Nothing works. Planning now to replace battery and stoplight switch (available 50 miles away).

Any advice? Please help. Only if I must will I have it towed to the dealership since I have only 19 days left on my warranty that may or may not cover this.

Thanks in adavance!
    8ch

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. 8ch

8ch New Member

Update: I just replaced the battery with a brand new one for $235 and unfortunately there was no change. Tried clearing codes again... Nothing. Next attempt for resolution will be to replace the stoplight switch. Getting a bit desperate for some expert guidance if anyone has it to offer. Thanks!

3. engineer

engineer Member

This doesn't sound like a bad brake light switch. Your ABS module is malfunctioning and that's why you are getting all the lights. If you have warranty take it to the dealer. It will require in depth troubleshooting with star diagnostics.

4. 8ch

8ch New Member

Thanks engineer! Took new battery back since that is obviously not solving my problem. Bought a new OBDII reader "with ABS". Will pull ABS codes in the morning after battery reinstallation and call for a tow to dealership; assuming they're open on Saturday. Tow may be tricky considering car is stuck in park within a garage on top of a mountain. Thanks again!

5. 8ch

8ch New Member

Called Roadside Assistance and they're sending a tow truck to haul the car to the dealership tonight.

6. 8ch

8ch New Member

So it turns out the entire fuse box had to be replaced. Fortunately, it was all covered under warranty a couple/few days before it expired. Since the fuse box replacement, the air conditioning now doesn't blow cold. If associated with the fuse box replacement, dealership says they'll repair for free. If not, I hope the repair is not too expensive.

7. engineer

engineer Member

Glad it got sorted out.